Tasty Tuesday ~ EASY Italian Roast Chicken and Potatoes
*Comfort food that makes your house smell divine while baking!
Hey – I am trying to cook not photograph… LOL, sorry for the BAD pic!
- · Whole Roasting Chicken, thawed
- · 1 Stick of Butter
- · 1 Packet (Good Seasons) Italian Dressing
- · 1 Medium Onion
- · 2 Ribs of Celery
- · 1 (about 3lbs.) Bag of Potatoes
- · Salt and Pepper
~ Preheat Oven to 350*
1. Rinse then dice Onion and Celery Ribs
2. Sauté 1/2 the diced Onion and all the Celery in about 1 TBS. Butter
3. Rinse Chicken; Make sure you get all the “goodies” out!
4. Place Sautéed Onion and Celery inside the Chicken
5. Set ‘stuffed’ Chicken in a Deep 9X13 (Lasagna type) Dish
6. Rinse and Cut up Potatoes (bite size), place all around Chicken, add remaining onion if you like
7. Melt remaining butter (microwave) and pour over all!
8. Sprinkle Italian Dressing mixture over Chicken and Potatoes
9. Sprinkle all with Salt and Pepper
10. Cover with Tin Foil
11. Bake for 1.5 hours, then uncover (remove foil) and bake for another ½ hour (+) to “crisp” all… Roast Chicken should be baked to about 165*.
12. Serve it up and listen to all the cries of joy and love for the best Cook ever….