Thoughtful Thursday ~ Let’s Chat!!
All week I have been trying to get excited about some of the current deals and then I even looked to next week… Can I just say I REALLY hate grocery shopping without gas point earning potential… just seems like a waste… like paying for toothpaste, there just isn’t any reason to do it!! Agree?? (Then there is that whole “kissin’ your sister” analogy…LOL)
- Leprechaun Traps – anyone else CONSUMED with creating the perfect trap to catch that little bugger (Thank gawd for pinterest these days)? Not only do we have to create the intricate trap but then – even though that little guy probably “got away” – he would have certainly dropped some loot…. and frankly no-one is impressed by a few gold candy coins anymore! When did every single holiday turn into extravagant gift giving sessions? Anyone else find it difficult to appreciate or even celebrate the little holidays when your kids are telling stories of the leprechaun leaving big gifts like video games??? SERIOUSLY – I see it happening all around me!! I mean the tooth fairy regularly drops $5 (or more) a tooth on some of these kids… and do not even get me started on the Easter Bunny, you know Santa Jr. – what the heck??!!
- So my oldest – the good child…. I have been highly amused by him for a while now – he WAS acting like a little song bird, chirping away about all of his buds being “in love” and how everyone was “dating”… Oh my how I laughed at all my poor friend’s with kids in this scenario – I mean they are 12… where are they going with this… dating-schmating! BUT – my baby, the good one, kinda quit jabbering lately… no matter how much I inquired; he wasn’t spilling the beans any more… SO – as only a good Mom does, I read all of his instagram postings and OMG… HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND….. WHAT????????? I read (here is a KEY for you to follow / J = the good child, and DRLG = Dirty, Rotten, Little Girl who better not mess with my baby, the * are my added comments – obviously):
J: Hey – s’up? *(ghetto much?? WHAT??)
DRLG: HI… Wanna FT *(that means facetime)
J: ya… I was talking to this other girl and she wanted to know bout us… are we BF /GF or what?? *(other girl, yeah… that’s cool! And BF/GF is boyfriend/girlfriend – LOL, I am here to help!!)
DRLG: YEAH… Wanna FT
- OMG… Can you say OMG….. aghhhhhhh…. which is worse – the fact that this is occurring – or the fact that this exact wording is my son’s “line”…. OMG – soooo Suave!!!! LOL – He is his father’s kid for sure!!! I am not ready for this – I was so happy that he did not seem to care about girls, he is MY baby for goodness sake – aghhhhhhhhhh…. NOT READY!!!!! AND no – it does not help to remember myself at 12, in sixth grade… I was riding the early bus to school under the pretense of extra morning help, applying makeup on that bus (LOVELY) and actually kissing a boy behind the bleachers on the track… OMG – I need a drink!!!!!!!!
- As I sit here typing this all up I realize I really want to paint my dining room furniture… I need to maximize this frustration…. I have an old farmhouse set… heavy pine… HUGE bulky pieces, that I love, but not so much on the distressed (that is the cool word for old and beat up) look and color. I wanna go BLACK and I have seen tutorials on painting furniture but wondering if anyone has tips or pointers?? Ever do it? Or is this one of those many ideas I get, crazy projects I start where after too much time and $ spent I realize this is something best left to an expert…. ?? Anyone want to paint my furniture??
- I am hungry and I really want a Chicken Souvlaki (how do you spell that??) Pita…
These are my thoughts on this Thursday… what about you?
Opinions on mine? Some of your own?
Do tell… Let’s Chat!!