Tasty Tuesday ~ EASY delicious Party Brownies
We had these at my friend Diane’s the other night and I promptly had to run home and make them for my family… You can’t mess these up… you can make any kind of alterations you want – butterscotch, caramel or mint in place of the peanut butter… whatever strikes your fancy – no matter what, they are bound to be delicious! The name discussed was “Better than S*X Brownies” and funny, as I googled them and starting looking up variations I also saw “Knock you Naked” Brownies… Who knew… We decided Party Brownies was a GREAT name but I am also anxious to see who searches the inter-webs for “party” brownies and is disappointed byt hte actual chocolate in these… DUDE!!!
So – they are super easy – cuz of the whole box mix thing, but taste like they are from a bakery!! Of course the original recipe probably derived from one that had long involved base brownie making instructions… but hey Betty Crocker perfected it and who am I to tell her she is wrong… especially when I pick up box mixes for a quarter or less!!
- 1 Box Mix Brownies – 9X13 Family Size
- 1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ Cups Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 TBSP Butter
- Bake the Brownies according to the package directions.
- As soon as you pull from the oven, spread the mini marshmallows over the top and pop them back in the oven for about 3-4 more minutes… watch them close, you just want them to ‘poof’ up and brown a little bit.
- Let the brownies COOL completely before attempting to frost them – like really cool – completely – in the fridge or overnight… don’t ask me how I know – I just do!!
- Once your brownies are COMPLETELY COOL you can make the frosting; in a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, the peanut butter and the butter… I added all three and set my timer for 30 seconds, stirred, heated and melted, stirred, heated and melted… until I had them completely MELTED.
- Quickly stir in the Rice Krispies and pour evenly over the COMPLETELY COOLED brownies.
- Now you have to let them COOL again until the frosting “hardens” / Sets. I know this is the hard part – go ahead pop them in the fridge!
- Once “set” go ahead and cut them up… Enjoy the NIRVANA!!!!!!!
Okay – Do tell – What variation are you making?? Let’s Chat!!