Chocolate Nests ~ Easter Treat
CHOCOLATE NESTS ~ a perfect little project with the kids and a GREAT Easter Treat!
*I made a couple batches of these and this was our favorite recipe
• 1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
• 2 cups (12 oz.) Chocolate Chips
• ½ cup Butterscotch Chips (optional)
• 1 bag (12 oz.) Chow Mein Noodles
• Chocolate Eggs, with colorful candy coating – I used WHOPPERS Mini Robin Eggs
• Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
• I melted the chocolate using a double boiler…. Bring a ½ pan of water to a boil, fit a glass bowl over/in the pan. Pour Sweetened Condensed Milk in bowl and stir with a rubber spatula.
• Add all chips to the milk and stir constantly until chips are completely melted.
• Add noodles and toss to coat completely.
• Drop by 1/3 cup mounds onto trays.
• Place 3 ‘eggs’ in the ‘nests’…. Then set all aside to SET – you may want to put them in the fridge for about ½ hour.
Cute and OH SO YUMMY!!!