Chicken Fried Rice
Hearty, delicious and QUICK – now this is a keeper!!
I was thinking of a meal… that would be resemble “comfort food”… I could make it with ingredients on hand, and it would be QUICK and DELICIOUS!
I always have cooked – cubed chicken, cooked rice and veggies on hand, so after punching my ingredients into good ole’ google and perusing a few recipes; my own CHICKEN FRIED RICE was created!
3 TBS oil (Sesame is best for this, but any will do)
1 regular onion – diced
1 TBS minced garlic
3 eggs – scrambled
3 cups vegetables (I used a bag of frozen mixed vegetables)
2 cups of cooked, cubed chicken
4 cups of cooked rice
1 cup STIR FRY sauce
- In a large skillet, heat the oil… then fry the onion until translucent and add the garlic.
- Add the eggs to the onion and scramble quickly.
- Add vegetables and toss until cooked through and tender.
- Add chicken, stirring to combine and then rice.
- Continue stirring, until all is heated though, and add stir fry sauce – tossing to coat.
BONUS – the leftovers freeze beautifully and can be heated through on stovetop or in the micro.!!