Monthly Archives: November 2014
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Oh me – oh my…. DELICIOUS!!!!
Is there a food you remember from child hood as NOT your favorite? My Mom always made stuffed peppers and I wouldn’t even try them…. Insisted I did not like them (meatloaf and mashed potatoes too = weird kid, I know!) Man, did I miss out by avoiding the stuffed pepper… it is now one of my favorite foods!
And soup – who doesn’t love soup….??!!
Combine the two and BAZAMMMMM…. Your taste buds will rejoice….. YUMMMMO!!
Easy ingredients I had right on hand…. Threw it all together in a small crock and let is simmer all day…. The house smelled heavenly and the taste…. OMG…. Make it now!!!
BONUS – this soup is full of yummy veggies that the kids all ‘surprisingly’ LOVED!!! We served it with grilled cheese but truly a hearty meal all on it’s own!!
- 2lbs fried ground beef (I always have mine fried up with diced onion and garlic…. I used 3 cups of cooked beef right from my freezer!)
- 2 cans condensed Tomato soup (about 20 oz or 2.5 cups if you are making your own)
- 3 beef bouillon dissolved in 3 cups water
- 2 cups Diced tomatoes (you can use a can – or use your own delicious canned ‘stewed’ tomatoes – my favorite ingredient to have on hand)
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice (another ALWAYS in my freezer – do you make double when you make rice?)
- Salt and pepper to your liking…
Throw it all in a crock – seriously…. So easy! I simmered it on low for about 4 hours.
Definitely a new favorite!! Thanks for encouraging me to give it a shot Julie!
FYI – the remainder thickened A LOT in the crock… I added another cup of beef broth (may still need more) and there is plenty for a another meal!