Tasty Tuesday ~ Skillet Lasagna (QUICK weeknight dinners)
SERIOUSLY – I may never make real lasagna again!
Mondays have become crazy days for us since my “personal chef” is on mandatory OT and does not get home in time to start dinner as usual (YES – I do know how lucky we are that K generally gets home at 3:30 and likes to cook BUT remember, I do the meal plan, all the shopping, and prep most of the meals for the whole week!!)… I get home at 6:30 and usually walk in to dinner – but now on Mondays we need something ready to go!
I have seen versions of this SKILLET LASAGNA posted and never dreamed it would compare to real lasagna but resigned myself to it being better than plain ole’ spaghetti for a change…. I premade (al dente) my bowtie noodles and also always have sauce on hand.
I walked in the door, heated my skillet, threw in the precooked noodles, added the sauce, the ricotta and then the parmesan and mozzarella… stirred it for a few minutes as it heated through and had heaping platefuls on the table within 15 minutes!
BUT the taste…. HONEST TO GOODNESS, it was delicious!! SERIOUSLY as good as lasagna and my whole family agreed! FIVE thumbs up!! We even laughed and joked as we all tried to come up with a name for this… BOWTIE STIRFRY anyone?? hahaha
PLEASE – Give it a shot… and let me know what you think.
- 16 oz box of “bow tie” noodles – cooked per directions
- 3 cups prepared sauce (or even a 24oz. jar of your favorite) * more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 TBS Olive oil and extra garlic if you prefer
- Heat oil (and garlic if preferred) in a large skillet on low
- Toss pre-cooked noodles in pan and stir around as you heat
- Add sauce, continue tossing – stirring as it all starts to simmer
- Add ricotta and parmesan – yes, continue stirring!
- Once everything appears thoroughly heated, add the mozzarella and toss a few times to melt the cheese
- Serve immediately – ENJOY!