Yet another AMAZING dish that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen to create this Italian masterpiece!!
I read about this dish HERE on a favorite foodie blog of mine… she references the “Disney” version but sadly I am not familiar…. Although tell me we are making a cheesey, saucey delicious dish and I am all in! And there is just something so hearty and YUM about the beefy- tasting- saucey- goodness that is created here and the layers of cheese…. Oh my!!!
I re-created the sauce to make it even easier and to fit into my new “Meatless Monday” menu plan. The hardest part is waiting for the sauce to “simmer” but I did that ahead of time and then prepared the dish and threw it back in the freezer and cooked it later… ala ~ another PERFECT FREEZER MEAL!!!
Here we go….
- 2 cups of sauce, yours, mine – HERE, jarred… whatever sauce you like
- 2 cups beef bouillon (I made mine with bouillon cubes)
- Package of frozen ravioli
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 THIN slices of provolone
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Mix sauce and bouillon on the stovetop and bring to a boil while stirring…. Then turn down to LOW and simmer for 1 HOUR! (You need the sauces to ‘meld’ !!)
- Spray a 9X13 pan and pour about ½ the sauce in the bottom
- Layer your Raviolis on the sauce and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the parmesan, lay the provolone and cover with the mozzarella.
- At this point, you can FREEZE this dish and simply pull out when you want it, let thaw in fridge overnight and cook as directed below (you may need extra cook time if the dish is not thawed)
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes – uncovered!
- I then gave it a 2 minute BROIL just to really toast the cheese…. (along with the garlic bread I made!!)
- Serve immediately – ENJOY!