Tasty Tuesday ~ ‘Jacked Up’ Chicken – Bacon Bake
WHOOOAAA – aaaaaamazingggggg!!! SERIOUSLY – you have to make this!
A few weeks ago I had a chicken, bacon melt and it was so good and I kept thinking of how I could make it a FREEZER MEAL… so I searched the giant internet’s recipe files and I tried a few sauces and VOILA, the Jacked Up Chicken Bacon Bake was created!
My original sandwich housed Swiss cheese but I figured Pepper Jack would put this dish right over the edge and it sure did!!
Here we go….
- 2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut in ½ width wise) I used 4 breasts divided
- ½ lb cooked bacon
- 2 cups cheese – This time, I shredded and used Pepper Jack but have used sliced swiss before too… You just need to completely cover the chicken.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1 stick of butter
- Slice chicken breast (width wise) so the breasts are thin and place breast into a greased (spray Pam) casserole or 9 x 13
- Cover chicken with strips of bacon
- Cover bacon with cheese
- Mix soup, milk and sour cream – pour over cheese
- Melt stick of butter, mix stuffing into melted butter – pour over sauce and “push” into topping
- Cover dish with foil and bake covered for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven then remove foil covering and continue baking for another 15 minutes
- Pull from oven, allow to sit for 5 minute then serve