‘Skinny’ Cheeseburger Casserole – aka: Goulash
‘Skinny’ Cheeseburger Casserole – aka: Goulash… an amazing QUICK, EASY, HEALTHY Freezer meal!
• 1 # cooked LEAN ground beef (can use ground turkey)
We sauté our beef with ¼ cup diced onion, ½ tsp garlic pepper and 1 tsp Italian seasoning – makes 2 full cups once drained
• 2 cups diced Italian Style Tomatoes – we like garlic and basil
• 1 cup of sauce (any sauce will do)
• 1 cup water
• 4 cups COOKED (accord. to package directions shy 2 minutes) wheat / whole grain elbow noodles – healthier noodles are better for you!
• 1 cup ‘low fat’ mozzarella cheese (or any you prefer…)
Fry up the burger with the onion, garlic, and seasoning… drain
Cook the noodles according to package directions, shy 2 minutes…
Mix all ingredients; cooked beef, cooked noodles, tomatoes, sauce, water and cheese, in a sauce pan and heat through.
OR – once combined, seal in a freezer bag and freeze until use.
To use after freeze, thaw overnight in the fridge, then throw it in a saucepan and stir until heated through. You can even microwave individual portions.
We love this following a delicious crisp salad but sometimes serve with cut up fresh vegetables!