Tasty Tuesday ~ EASY Chicken Salad
Yummy Chicken Salad
The perfect option to make with leftovers from any Chicken or Turkey dish!
My usual “go to” recipe girl Danielle (Hi Dani.) started us all on this recipe back in the day when we had 87 bridal showers going on in one year… agh, remember when….. It is still my favorite!! The key is the ginger…and the green onion – YUM – Make some NOW!!
- 2 cups cooked, shredded or diced, Chicken (or Turkey of course – I figure a cup per chicken breast…and always use 2 breasts in this recipe)
- 1+ cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/3 cup diced green onion (I use kitchen shears and just cut about 4 stalks over the bowl)
- 1/3 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans work best but I have even used almonds)
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1 cups chopped “seedless” grapes – halved (I really like red grapes, for the color but you can really use fruit of your choice…. Apples work well too)
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Croissants, cheese, lettuce – best Sammie ever!! But we also LOVE it grilled on rye for a chicken salad melt!!
1. In a large bowl, add the chicken and mayonnaise, sprinkle with the ginger and blend together.
2. Add your green onions, celery and nuts; blend again.
3. Stir in the ‘halved’ grapes… at this point it should still be very creamy – if not, add a little more mayo. Give it a good shake with the ‘ole salt-n- pepper!
4. Place in refrigerator, at least for a few hours, for the flavors to fully “meld”!
5. Serve on croissants – or make a melt… either way this crunchy sweet chicken salad is to die for!!